Re: connect an ASP page to Oracle on HP UX

From: <sergei_g_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 20:03:14 GMT

In article <7n2hn4$a5a$1_at_nntp2.uunet.ca>,   "Anthony Kopf-Johnson" <anthonyk_at_insicorp.com> wrote:
> I have a need to connect an ASP page to an
Oracle database on an HP-UX
> server. SQL*Net is installed. Do I need an ODBC
layer as well? Any info
> would be appreciated as there seems to be
little information on cross
> platform connections.

Yes, you do. You need to create a system DSN with either a Microsoft Oracle driver or a correct version of Oracle. Use your SQL*Net setting's name for Service Name.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 07 1999 - 15:03:14 CDT