Re: Oracle Performance Tuning - Tips & Techniques (Possible Error found) ?

From: <goyakat_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:29:48 GMT

The app was developed on NT working with SQL Server. Many of our Customers want us to use Oracle. So we've been migrating to Oracle.

The product works well & is really cool but since I'm on the Oracle part of the team (because I'm interested & I really LOVE working with Oracle) I want the Oracle part to be fine tuned. And I AM getting hit ratios in the 99% !! So I think I've done some things well (thanks to an Oracle guru who jump started me & thanks to the IOUG conference in Denver - including Rich Niemiec, who's sunday all day session I took). Now I need some add'l help.

erin

In article <933839134.29856.0.nnrp-08.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Can I just clarify this:
>
> Your company has developed and is marketing
> an Oracle-based application, but doesn't know
> enough about Oracle to be able to determine if
> the implementation is efficient ?
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Lewis
> Yet another Oracle-related web site: www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
>
> goyakat_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7oadhq$3io$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Ok here's my question. I'm stressing my database with our
application.
> >For this stress test I'm doing many inserts & updates. How do I tell
> >how well my Database is doing? I already have the hitratio at 99.9.
> >
> >I know that I should be looking for freelist contention but none of
my
> >books tell me how!! they just tell me to check it out. sigh. We want
> >tell our customers that our Application is fast & zippy but I can't
pull
> >numbers out on how fast I'm writing to the db.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 17:29:48 CDT