Re: run sql script from command line?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:59:40 -0400

What you are asking is technical possible, but are you sure that each time you run your program you want to create a new database rather than just creating the database separately and then when you run your script bring the database up and shut it down when you finish? It takes about +15 minutes to create a database while it only takes a few seconds to mount/open an existing database.

However, if this is what you really want to do, then do it like this: #!/bin/ksh
svrmgrl <<sqlEOF
connect internal
@createdb.sql
sqlEOF

#more shell commands or program invocations go here

svrmgrl <<sqlEOF
connect internal
shutdown
sqlEOF

# have a command here to delete all of your database files (ctl, dbf, etc) exit 0;

Where createdb.sql is the name of the script in which you create the database.

By the way - I don't recommend that you do it this way unless you really, truely, most assuredly, absolutely want to create and delete your database every time that you run your program and you do not want to preserve the contents of the database between runs.