differences between null and empty varchar2

From: Vincent Lemaire <v.Lemaire_at_kheops.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 09:32:01 +0200

when I create a table with a not null varchar2 field, and as I put an empty value '' into this field, I get the error '... null inserted...' logically, null and '' should not be the same could someone help me to resolve this very disturbing confusion, so that I could sleep quiet ? Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 02:32:01 CDT