Re: extents of a table

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 6 Aug 1999 05:33:56 GMT

Christoph Krempe <ck_at_ub.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message news:7obnqm$if8$1_at_fu-berlin.de...
> Hey,
>
> which view shows me the number of extents of a table?
> dba_tables has no column "extents", dba_segments no column "table_name".
>
> Thanks,

For a non-partitioned table, a segment is allocated to a table. For a partitioned table, a segment is allocated to a table's partition. The segment type of a table is 'TABLE' or 'TABLE PARTITION'. So, it's better to use the following statement:

SELECT SEGMENT_NAME, EXTENTS
    FROM DBA_SEGMENTS
    WHERE OWNER=owner

        AND SEGMENT_NAME=table_name
        AND SEGMENT_TYPE IN ('TABLE', 'TABLE PARTITION');

Maybe you want to sum the extents. Received on Fri Aug 06 1999 - 00:33:56 CDT