Re: ORDImage -> Foreign Images

From: Lee Kuo <lkuo_at_gps.caltech.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:19:33 -0700

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Lee Kuo wrote:
> Has anyone here had experience using ORDImage in the Oracle v8i,
> specifically importing foreign images? I get an error everytime
> i try to import foreign images, and the ORDImage documentation is
> very short on examples regarding foreign images. Also, what is the
> best way to convert BLOB (foreign) images to ORDImages? Can anyone
> provide specific examples? Thanks in advance.
>
> Please forward any replies to my email. Thanks.

Here's the PL/SQL script I'm using:

DECLARE

        Image ORDSYS.ORDImage;
        ctx RAW(4000) := NULL;
BEGIN
        INSERT INTO testimport VALUES ('test1',
        ORDSYS.ORDImage(ORDSYS.ORDSource(empty_blob(), NULL,
        NULL, NULL, SYSDATE, 1),
                NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL));

        SELECT DATA INTO Image FROM TESTIMPORT
                WHERE filename = 'test1' FOR UPDATE;

        Image.importFrom(ctx,
                        'file',
                        'ORDIMGDIR',
                        'test1.111');

        UPDATE testimport SET DATA = Image WHERE filename = 'test1';
END;
/

Here's the error message I'm getting:
SQL> @importimage
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29400: data cartridge error
IMG-00704: unable to read image data
ORA-06512: at "ORDSYS.ORDIMG_PKG", line 420
ORA-06512: at "ORDSYS.ORDIMAGE", line 25
ORA-06512: at "ORDSYS.ORDIMG_PKG", line 542
ORA-06512: at "ORDSYS.ORDIMAGE", line 177
ORA-06512: at line 13

However, when I import regular GIFs there is no error. Thanks for any replies.

Lee Kuo Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 18:19:33 CDT