Re: Pls Help- what is wrong with my code?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 20:22:27 +0800

Johnson Chao wrote:

> Hello:
> I want to make a very easy trigger like this.
>
> ztable with c1, c2 two columns
> After delete a record from ztable, check to see if there is still
> records in ztable where c2=5, then my code is as followed:
>
> create or replace trigger aaa
> After Delete on ztable
> for each row
> DECLARE
> i integer;
> BEGIN
> select count(*) into i from ztable where c2=5;
> if i=0 then
> -- do something
> end if;
> END;
>
> Though there is no compile error on it, when I delete a record from
> ztable1, I was told ora4091 error ."ztable1 is mutating, ...can not see
> it".
> What is wrong with my code?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Johnson Chao
> ctc Japan

Your problem is described in the oracle application developers guide (chapt 9 for v7, chapt 13 for v8)...

Search www.deja.com for "mutating tables" and you find numerous solutions
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 07:22:27 CDT