Re: Migrating from 7.0 to 7.3

From: <sunk_at_focushope.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:31:18 GMT

In article <7o6sta$gmq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mlroberts_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have a PB65 app that needs to run on a Oracle 7.3 database. Right
> now, I have an Oracle 7.0 database.
>
> When 7.3 was installed, the data was migrated. I did not do this,
> someone else did. I need to know how to migrate the data once more
> because I need to do a test on this process. Is it as simple as
> copying files or more complex?

There are oracle books about installation/upgrade depends on what platform you are using and which release of 7.0 you are using.

I was using Oracle7 Release 7.3 for Sun SPARC Solaris2.x installation Guide(A51529-02). There's clear instruction about how to upgrade.(for example whether you can migrate your old db through oraisnt or you need export/import)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 13:31:18 CDT