Oracle connection management

From: Philip S Zhan <szhan_at_calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 5 Aug 1999 13:52:07 GMT

Due to limitation of our environment (CORBA middleware) and performance requirement, we have to pre-allocate a fixed pool of connections. Currently, if an in-used connection is idle too long, we just place a rollback to that connection and push the connection back to the free pool.

I know that, internally, Oracle is capable swap the idle connection out, and give the connection back to the client transparently when the client wakes up.

My question is "can I implement a similar mechanism for the fixed pool of connection?, i.e., can I save the un-commited transactions and ".

  1. save the un-commited transaction for client.
  2. rollback the transaction and push the connection back to the free pool ...
  3. (client wake up) put the saved transaction back a connection
  4. execute several more statement
  5. commit the transaction

Phil Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:52:07 CDT