Re: Changing APPS and INTERNAL passwords

From: <hongdi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:16:51 GMT

In article
<02680831AC7EF6FF.67109033BB738458.7D0C9CE4B05F93B 4_at_lp.airnews.net>,
  allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com (Allen) wrote:

> We're running Oracle Financials version 11, with
the master account APPS
> having the password of APPS. I want to change
it to something more
> secure, but when I tried the financials
application can't connect to the
> database. What is the secret here?
>
> Also, how do I change the INTERNAL password? I
know this is going away
> soon but for now I need to change it too.
>
> Any help much appreciated! Please respond to my
email too since my
> newsfeed isn't the most reliable. Thx...
>
> Allen

Allen,

In order to change APPS password, there are 2 things you need to do:

  1. Change the APPS password in the application: With sys admin resp. /Navigate/Securiy/Oracle/register(for 10.7c, 11 might be a little bit different)
  2. Change the APPS password in the DB: Like you did before.

Make sure those 2 passwords are same.

About "internal", how did you connect to the oracle(on the server? on the remote client? What's your platform?)

Thanks, Kurt.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Aug 05 1999 - 08:16:51 CDT