Re: Optimal values for pctfree/pctused

From: <1alistair1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 16:03:31 GMT

Joe

Your talking about optimizing block level storage parameters here. I'd leave them at the default unless a table experiences a lot of updates when I'd make pctfree a bit larger.

Hope this helps

Alistair Thomson

In article <7o4pfc$1n3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   joe17836_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> How does one determine the optimal values for pctfree and pctused when
> creating tables in a brand new instance? In other words, what is the
> best way to determine these values when you really don't have a good
> idea of user behavior (frequency/size of inserts, frequency/size of
> deletes, etc.)
>
> Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 11:03:31 CDT