Re: Migrating from 7.0 to 7.3

From: <1alistair1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:51:53 GMT

I'm afraid its a little more complex than that! It's also dependant on what operating system your using. For example on AIX you would have to go through the following steps:

Backup the existing database
Remove symbolic links
Create a new ORACLE_HOME directory
Install Oracle 7.3 in the new ORACLE_HOME directory Update the parameter files with new structure etc set environment variables to new ORACLE_HOME Upgrade database objects
Relocate database files (optional)

Hope this helps

Alistair Thomson

In article <7o6sta$gmq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mlroberts_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I have a PB65 app that needs to run on a Oracle 7.3 database. Right
> now, I have an Oracle 7.0 database.
>
> When 7.3 was installed, the data was migrated. I did not do this,
> someone else did. I need to know how to migrate the data once more
> because I need to do a test on this process. Is it as simple as
> copying files or more complex?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 10:51:53 CDT