Re: Connecting to Oracle 8.0.4 w/ Windows 98 client

From: Demon <jon_at_intourist.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:05:59 +0100

cooleyd <cooleyd_at_med.unc.edu> wrote in message news:932755336.17822_at_www.remarq.com...
> I am trying to connect to an Oracle 8.0.4 database via a
> Windows 98 client. In my attempts to use the ODBC tester I
> keep getting Illegal Operation Errors with the following
> message:
> (Error: SQLSTATE:Im003) specified driver could not be loaded
> 1157(Oracle ODBC driver)
>
> I do not have this problem at all on my Windows 95 machines
> installed with same configuration.

What version of Net8 do you have installed? I had the same problem when I upgraded a PC to 98 - there is a patch available at the Oracle website to take you to Net8 Client 8.0.4.0.7 and then you should be OK. Alternatively, you can upgrade the database to 8.0.5 to solve it.

Unfortunately, since installing this patch I have found that Excel crashes if you run more than one query in a single spreadsheet! Still working on that one.

Hope this helps

Jon Sandys Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 08:05:59 CDT