Re: Oracle on Mac???

From: Ronald J.H. Rood <ronr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:17:51 GMT

In article <arroo99-0308992107380001_at_ts48l36.pathcom.com>,   arroo99_at_yahoo.com (Ann) wrote:
> I was thinking of taking a course that teaches oracle programming. The
> problem is I own a Mac and the personal copy of oracle that is
> distributed in the classroom is compatible with Windows...
>
> Is there a way around this? Is there an Oracle version I can get that
is
> compatible with the Mac OS?
>
> If I'm thinking of becomming a programmer of Oracle...should I be
getting
> a Windows machine so that I can work from home? (I do want to work
form
> home!)

Hi Ann,

oracle is supported until v7.1.6 - which is no longer supported. The database is no longer running on the mac. You could run the windoze version in VPC. Don't forget there are more powerfull programming environments for oracle that are mac native and truly x-platform - like omnis studio. The backand can be oracle but also any other of the known dbms systems.
--
Ronald
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 07:17:51 CDT