c/s performance problem (OCI)

From: Andre Couture <coutuan_at_search-n-find.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 11:46:05 +0200

Hi All,

I have a c/s performance problem.

I'm using a program that makes OCI 7 calls that has been linked with Oracle 8.0.5
(Too much work to convert all calls to OCI 8... for now, change in the logic of execution)

I noticed that on the network that blocks are very small compare to the same query using SQLPLUS.

Is there a way to increase the transfer block size without having to change too much the structure of the application?

The client is currently under Linux, but will have to move to Sinix later on.

Thanks

--
Andre Couture
European Union

Office: +352 4301 35795
GSM Europe: +33(6)07.04.35.65
FAX/Voicemail Europe: +33(1) 53.01.29.63 FAX/Voicemail Canada: +1(514) 221-2261