file showing running instance

From: Christoph Krempe <ck_at_ub.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:02:27 GMT

Hey,
is there a file Oracle (7.3.3) is creating when I start up an instance? I would like to test if an instance is running or not inside a script, without using some ps-statements.

Ch. Krempe

Freie Universitaet Berlin Christoph Krempe
Universitaetsbibliothek     Systemverwaltung
- Rechenzentrum -           Tel: 030/8384583
Garystrasse 39              Fax: 030/8384582
14195 Berlin                http://www.ub.fu-berlin.de/~ck