Re: Traslating LONG RAWs to CLOBs..

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_netpath.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:25 GMT

On Tue, 03 Aug 1999 18:05:28 GMT, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) wrote:

>If you really meant that you have a table with LONGs (not long raws) and want to
>convert that into CLOBS, we can do that in 8.0 with plsql alone.

I just spent a fair chunk of time doing this. The docs seem to say specifically that you have to write them to flat files and then use dbms_lob.loadfromfile. If there is a better way I'd really like to know what it is. I tried a bunch of things with pl/sql and never got it to work.

Gene Hubert
SkillsPoint.com
Morrisville, NC Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 23:00:25 CDT