Re: Table With Duplicate Records..

From: Thomas Bierhance <Bierhance_at_orbital-computer.de>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 00:59:13 +0200

> As you can see, the above table has duplicate records, and what I
> need is a PL/SQL script that would create a table with distinct records.
> However, there is no key in this table, and the distinction should be
> made on a combination of the ACCOUNT_NUM, BRANCH_ID, and PTYPE fields.
> That is as long as the new table has records with a different
> combination of these 3 fields then it is ok. Would anyone know or have
> such a code to create such a table ?. I would be extremely grateful for
> any kind of input. Thank you so much for your time.

Looks like a few lines of code, I'd be glad to help. Do you need the data in a new table or do you just want to delete the duplicate records in the old one? Second, how do you get these duplicate records, are they necessary, why don't you have unique indexes on the table if you need unique records?

Regards,

Thomas Bierhance Received on Wed Aug 04 1999 - 17:59:13 CDT