Re: How to get SQL Loader to skip a column in a CSV file?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 15:35:16 -0400

teybrady_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> > What are these CSV files that everyone keeps
> mentioning?
> >

> Comma seperated values. AKA Comma Delimited.
>
> 12,45,6,bill,New York

Hmm. I would think that there might be some value in using terminology that is universally accepted. To say that a file is "comma delimited" is understood quite widely, the abbreviation "CSV" isn't something that appears in any of the Oracle literature I've ever read and I've never seen it elsewhere. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 14:35:16 CDT