Re: ODBC, MS IIS, and NT SP 5

From: Ramanarao Chamarty <rchamart_at_thunder.temple.edu>
Date: 3 Aug 1999 17:21:42 GMT

I have seen bugs with 8.0.x drivers for odbc connectivity. I use 7.3.X drivers , and all is fine. give it a try. \

Ramanarao Chamarty
\
 Chris Weiss
(weisschr_at_pilot.msu.edu) wrote:
: Most likely, the error has occurred in the SQL or the connect string you
: have passed through the ODBC drivers. I have gotten Oracle to work as you
: have described. However, bugs in my SQL or connect string were not obvious,
: nor were the error messages specific. If you are calling a stored
: procedure, it is best to do so within an anonymous block.
:
: Christopher Weiss
: Professional Services Division
: Compuware Corporation
:
:
:
: <interld808_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:7o4kco$tj1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
: > While attempting to install an ASP application under Microsoft IIS 4 on
: > an NT 4.0 running at Service Pack 5.0 using Oracle ODBC drivers 8.0.5
: > and 8.0.4 to connect via Net8 to an 8.0.5 database on a Sun server:
: >
: > We are getting an error claiming IIS cannot load the requested file due
: > to System Error 5 (Oracle ODBC Driver).
: >
: > Is anyone using ODBC to Oracle under SP5?
: >
: > Anyone else run into this problem?
: >
: > -- Ron Olcott
: >
: >
: > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: > Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
:
: