Re: Startup problem with Oracle 7 workgroup server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:16:13 +0200

Hi Ralph,

If you have a background_dump_dest parameter in your %ORACLE_HOME%\database\initBAAN.ora
then you should look at <background_dump_dest>\alrtBAAN.log first to see what is happening.
Otherwise run svrmgr23 from a DOS box, issue a connect internal (if you don't have the password, it is hardcoded in %ORACLE_HOME%\database\startBAAN.cmd)
and issue a shutdown abort, followed by a startup. This hopefully should resolve your problem.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA