Re: Upgrading ?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:37:03 -0400

Hi Terje,

    For what it's worth I couldn't find a copy of the desupport notices for 7.x, but I did find them for 8.0.4 and 8.0.5. Because so many accounts are focusing on Y2K problems in their applications and don't have the time and resources available to upgrade their databases Oracle will continue supporting 7.3.4 past the point where they are desupporting 8.0.4

The following is an extract from the 8.0.4 desupport notice:

Product Obsolescence/Desupport Summary: Oracle Corporation formally announces that Oracle8, version 8.0.4 will be
supported until 31 March, 2000 to provide migration time for customers who
have frozen their environment for Y2K. The migration path is

8.0.5, 8.0.6
and/or 8.1.5. Oracle 8.0.6 will be available in Q3, CY1999.
Oracle 8.0.5

will be supported nine months after Oracle 8.0.6 is made available.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

Terje Tysse wrote in message
<37a69e4c.93281782_at_news.online.no>...
>On Mon, 02 Aug 1999 10:39:18 -0400, Kenneth C Stahl
><BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote:
>
>>Frank van Bortel wrote:

>>> Apart from 7.3.4, that is...
>>
>>Hmmmm. I must have misread something. I thought that even 7.3.4
was included
>>in the non-support list as of Dec 31.
>>
>>Does this mean that 7.3.4 will be supported for one more year?
>>

>Any references for this? We haven't received any info from
Oracle