Re: SQL Prompt

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: 3 Aug 1999 08:25:55 GMT

Joey <a_little_toe_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:378c52b8.0_at_newsvr.cyberway.com.sg...
> There was a positing on setting the SQL prompt to the database name.
> Can someone re-post it again or email me the script ?

It's better to use the instance name rather than the database name. This is the script:

column instance_name new_value instance_name noprint
select instance_name from v$instance;
column instance_name clear

set sqlprompt "&instance_name.>"
undefine instance_name Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 03:25:55 CDT