Bookmark replacement in OCI

From: Thomas Schaefer <t.schaefer_at_cww.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:58:04 +0200

Hello,
I'm converting an application from MS Access to Oracle (OCI). Now I'm looking for a good replacement of the "bookmark" concept of the JET-Engine.

Given any query I can easily navigate (also backward) to any row of my result using a bookmark. In case I got the bookmarks of each row I even have some kind of 'random access' to the whole 'matrix' of my query.

I couldn't find any equivalent element in the OCI documentation - is there anything like bookmarks in OCI? As far as I understood ROWIDs are close to bookmarks but not available for "virtual" tables like joins.

Do you know a good way to simulate bookmarks in OCI?

Thanks for any pointer.

Regards,
Thomas. Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 02:58:04 CDT