function overloading and PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES

From: Steve Wilcoxon <wilcoxon_at_foshay.citilink.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 13:45:39 GMT

How can you get the RESTRICT_REFERENCES pragma to work when using function overloading?

I have a package with two functions named f_total_fees and "PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES( f_total_fees, WNDS, WNPS, RNPS )", but when I go to use the function in a view I get "ORA-06571: Function F_TOTAL_FEES does not guarantee not to update database".

I tried adding a second identical RESTRICT_REFERENCES line but it had no effect. I tried including argument lists in the PRAGMA, but that generates errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

PS. Please respond directly to me as I don't have time to read this newsgroup regularly. Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 08:45:39 CDT