Re: Parameter Views

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:02:59 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Matthias Fricke" <matze_at_home.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 20:11:48 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi-
>
>I had heard that Oracle 8 supports Views that you can pass parameters into.
>Is this true? If, so how? I haven't seen any documentation on this.

Oracle7.1 and up can do these. See
http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=363868651&fmt=text

for an example.

Oracle8i, release 8.1 adds a new feature called an application context that makes it even easier and a little more efficient. See my url below for a link to a paper on 'fine grained access control' -- it has examples of application contexts and their use if you are interested.

>-David Small
>Kinderhook Systems, Inc.
>David.Small_at_Kinderhook.com

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 02 1999 - 07:02:59 CDT