Re: sqlload - message file not found

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:05:18 +0200

The location of the message files is platform specific. Generally the filenames are in the format <product abbrev><language abbrev>.msb, so oraus.msb.
Oracle has never translated all the message files. The setting of the NLS_LANG parameter determines where it searches for message files. If you have a non-default setting of NLS_LANG you may want to try to switch back to American_America.we8iso8859p1, as what you describe is non-default behavior. Apparently it tries to display a real error message. Usually missing message files are not a showstopper.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA