Re: Need PL/SQL guru for easy money, long distance

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:55:02 -0500

Seven years ago I was charging about $25 per hour for C and Paradox programming on DOS platforms. Even then I spent more time collecting than coding. At the time I was an out of work Vax administrator and Pascal programmer. Since then I've gotten pretty good at Oracle and Unix. And some other things.

Now I work for a major vertical software company charging $225-$250 for my Oracle-based software consulting services. Life is good.

If I wasn't already committed, I would take on a job like he's describing. However I'd need a $2000 retainer. I'm not going to run around as a collection agency! The sort of side cash he's talking about would cover greens fees or e-trade transaction fees. I'm sure there are graduate students who need some extra cash. That's how I started 15 years ago. Gotta love FORTRAN!

--rn.