Re: Sun solaris x86 version

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 31 Jul 1999 17:59:59 -0400

In article <933455332.21624.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>, Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> wrote:
>Info on this should be availabe at http://www.oracle.com,
>www.oracle.com/support, technet.oracle.com
>If it's not present there, it doesn't exist.
Oracle for Solaris x86 exists, its just not available for free. After you join Technet, please submit a request for it.

>General remark: more and more posters seem to crosspost everything they post
>to both news:comp.databases.oracle.server and

I agree it is annoying, especially when the topic clearly belongs in just one forumn. Note the follow-ups.

>This is getting more and more a real
>nuisance as Outlook Express (and Forte Free Agent) seem not to be able to
>mark read crossposted messages.

You need a new newsreader, trn and rn before it don't have that problem. Emacs includes a newsreader and I think thats been ported to Win32.

>Telephone lines in Europe are not free, and
Not in the US either. Especially frustrating since this exact thread has been asked and answered several times recently. http://www.dejanews.com/ offers excellent Usenet archive searching.

John
groenveld_at_acm.org Received on Sat Jul 31 1999 - 16:59:59 CDT