nulls/Oracle 8.1.5 to 7.1.5/database links

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_rl.af.mil.>
Date: 30 Jul 99 20:01:49 GMT

I am running an insert statement on Oracle 8.1.5 that contains nulls for some of the values. This insert statement uses a synonym that points to a table on a diff machine running Oracle 7.1.5. I can insert nulls into number fields but not varchar2 fields through the database link.(?). I am currently inserting a single space as a workaround. Why wont it let me insert nulls?

We are also experiencing problems with the nvl() func. It doesn't work properly when used in a where clause while in a 8.1.5 database querying a 7.1.5 database. Also why?

Thanks.. Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 15:01:49 CDT