Re: Help! Help!!

From: Daryl Collins <Daryl.Collins_at_usa.alcatel.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:13:01 -0500

Just to encourage you I employed a developer who had done a similar thing 5 years ago. It worked out great, he has gone on to be one of the best DBAs I know (Id never let him know that of course).

Don't get discouraged a lot of recruitment firms look at the bottom line, fast placement and don't care much about consultants. Some ideas for you - local oracle user groups, networking etc, also post your resume on job related newsgroups. There are numerous other web resources related to oracle positions (a lot depends on the ability to travel) dice.com, orajobs.com and the orajobs mailing list

You may also want to target companies that specifically deal with oracle consulting instead of bodies aris or tusc do a lot of oracle development. (Or as a last resort Oracle)

Good luck

Daryl Collins darylcollins_at_hotmail.com