Re: sql function

From: Corinna Jaeger <Corinna.Jaeger_at_doremovethis.memo.ikea.com>
Date: 30 Jul 1999 11:54:21 GMT

Hello Karl,
the problem is that varchar is a character string with a fix length. Long is a character string with a variable length. This is why you get the message "Inconsistent datatypes".
Are you using PL/SQL? I wonder if it is possible to store a varchar column in a long variable? I don't know, if you can really do it in one statement. There is nothing like a "TO_LONG"-Procedure (as far as I know). Sorry that I can't help you more with that. Good luck.
Corinna Jaeger

Karl Kreiner <administrator_at_carinthia.com> wrote in article <379ECDD8.B71B3091_at_carinthia.com>...