Link between Vax4 and Alpha4

From: Himanshu Gupta <himanshu.gupta_at_luton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:08:53 +0100

Hello,

We are having a serious problem here.

Normally, we have a link between VAX4 machine and Alpha5 machine using SQL*Net V1. We are running Oracle 6 (yeah!!) in Vax4 and Oracle 7 in ALpha4,5

As we have moved our main database to Alpha4 machine, our DBA is not able to set up a link between Vax4 and Alpha4 machines. We need to transfer a lot of data every night from tables in Oracle 7 on Alpha4 to tables in Oracle 6 in Vax4, we do really need to place this link using SQL*Net ver 1.

Can any one help please. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a millions.
You can send me a copy of your reply at himanshu.gupta_at_luton.ac.uk

Himanshu. Received on Fri Jul 30 1999 - 03:08:53 CDT