Oracle 8.05, SHMMAX and Linux

From: EBR <11eebr13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:39:11 GMT

Hi,

I successfully installed Oracle 8.0.5 on a Red Hat Linux 5.1. However, I'm in doubt about one simples question. I suppose that after modifying the include files, I must recompile the kernel. How to do it? I'm using RedHat 5.1 and installed Oracle successfully. However, my machine has 128mb RAM and the original file seems to point out just 32mb. I'm in doubt if the only necessary step is just to alter the file.

I'm new to Linux, if you can supply me a direct command, I'd would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

EBR
** Please remove the primes to get my real e-mail Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 20:39:11 CDT