Can anyone help me with some dbms_sql dynamic sql coding...

From: Simon <jjosserand_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:47:54 -0500

I just need to quickly open a cursor, keep it open for reuse, parse a sql query that returns a single varchar2 value from a temporary interface table into a plsql routine so that value can be validated. Briefly the picture is this...

Temp Int Table contains column names to a target table whose columns contain data to be validated.
I must get the name of the column which contains that data from the temp table then use that column name (which is in a variable at this point) to qualify the data in the target table. In plsql I cannot append a variable to a table as in TABLENAME.varname to qualify a column and have been told by Oracle support that I need to use dbms_sql dynamic sql to do the job and they won't write the code for me.

I spent 50 bucks on the built-in packages book and spent 9 hours yesterday studying and trying various scenarios with no luck and lots of syntax and other obscure errors.

Please help ASAP!!!
:)
Thanks Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 14:47:54 CDT