Does anyone have serious databases on NT?

From: <mkx_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:07:51 GMT

After reading many, many articles, press releases, and marketing propaganda about the fight for the dominant position on NT, I seem to see something missing: Any direct evidence that anyone is using the major databases on NT (other than Microsoft's SQL Server). Most serious (non-mainframe) projects always seem to go on Unix, AS/400, etc. I understand why this is - many organizations are hesitant to go "Enterprise on NT".

All of the statistics I have seen wrap the UNIX/NT market segments together. Thus the "leader in license revenue" may have gotten there on UNIX, without selling that much on NT.

I simply am interested in seeing where the major work is being done on NT specifically, and if it is done elsewhere than MS SQL. Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 12:07:51 CDT