Re: What's in /proc owned by oracle, root?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:45:35 +0800

NetComrade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just realized that we have about 4 Gigs in that directory mostly
> owned by Oracle. I realize this must be a directory where processes
> store some data. But can anybody elaborate on them?
>
> Thanx

/proc seems to show huge files...but its not

Run ps -ef and look in /proc - /proc is really just a way of the OS mapping the processes...

Whatever you do....don't remove things in there --

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 04:45:35 CDT