Re: Compilation errors in TRIGGER

From: kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:22:06 +0100

Dana Reed wrote:

> You wrote ":new.id" in your original post and you're asking what it
> means?

Someone else gave me a snippet of code, I just wanted to understand it :-)

Makes sense. I'm having a problem with my browser - it crashes when I get to the triggers page in the docs at technet.oracle.com. I'm not kidding, it crashes just as I get to where I want to be :-(

> "dual" is a weird Oracle pseudo-table that you can select system
> variable values from, like SYSDATE, sequence .NEXTVAL and .CURRVAL,
> etc. If you want to get really confused DESCRIBE dual...

Yep, that's confused me. I'll try not to wonder about dual again ;-)

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.