Re: Compilation errors in TRIGGER

From: Dana Reed <danareed_at_oro.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 07:34:51 -0700

You wrote ":new.id" in your original post and you're asking what it means? Lookup ":new" and ":old" and you'll see that this syntax can be used in triggers to refer to new and old column values in triggers. "dual" is a weird Oracle pseudo-table that you can select system variable values from, like SYSDATE, sequence .NEXTVAL and .CURRVAL, etc. If you want to get really confused DESCRIBE dual...