rowtype assignment in trigger

From: Titus Leskien <tle_at_noell.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:16:34 GMT

Hello,

i want to assign not only a single value of a column but a whole tablerow to a variable in a
trigger.

This was my approach, which didn't works:

create trigger test
before update on testtable
for each row
declare
  test_row test%rowtype;
begin
  test_row := :new;
end;

Can anybody help me solving this without writing a statement for every column (our tables have many
cols!)

Thanks

Titus Leskien

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jul 29 1999 - 08:16:34 CDT