Re: help... where do i start

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:15:41 -0400

This response was emailed to the author

Hi Kurt,

    Without knowing more about your background I can only offer the following very general advice. Although free advice is probably only worth what you pay for it the following strategy has worked for many people.

  1. Acquire some first hand experience working with Oracle. Get a copy, load it on your computer and start developing some simple applications in order to get some hands on experience.
  2. Get a job where you can be the liaison between an organizations Oracle developers and a user department.
  3. Become the "communications bridge" between the "nerds" and the "suits". If all goes well the nerds will invite you to join them as an analyst/developer.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

<7nolb4$9ee$1_at_fir.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...