Re: Row-chained Tables

From: Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:36:58 -0400

Hi
Easy thing to do is
copy a data to some temp table then truncate the actual table then insert back.
create table temp_table as select * from <actual_table>; Truncate table <actual_table>
insert into <actual_table> select * from temp_table; commit;
This will keep the all the table dependent objects like constraint, indexes and triggers and et al intact.

If in the actual table the update is carried out with various lengh of data then chances of getting chained row is more ... for that reason leave the pctfree little high and only works or dropping and recreating table.

HTH
Pradhan