Re: Difference between YYYY and IYYY

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:20:42 +0200

I like the second explanation...
They should have been agnostic (and I don't want to start a religious debate), because according to ISO the first day of the week is Monday, which is not the first day of the week in any religion :). Secondly, your second week definition is correct, there is a minimum of four days.
I know, because we had to write a 53-line decode to calculate it in the Oracle 6 days, when Oracle didn't support ISO week numbers and years.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA