PROBLEM: Oracle 8.0.4 & JDBC Explorer !

From: Bernard Stibbe <bernard_at_bstibbe.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 19:55:52 +0200

Hello once again ,

We are developing an applications in Jave and somehow we have problems with Inprise JDBC Explorer (JBuilder 3) in combination with Oracle 8.0.4.

The Explorer which has been shipped in JBuilder3 hangs when fetching table information (PK, E, Columns) on a Oracle 8.0.4 Database using the thin JDBC clientdriver for JDK1.1.1 or using an ODBC-JDBC bridge.

After killing the instance and posting open transactions to the Oracle database the Explorere becomes 'alive' again.

Is there anybody who had the same problem and found a solution for this. We are stuck in our development with this problem, bah.

Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!!

Regards,

Bernard Stibbe Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 12:55:52 CDT