Re: Oracle #1? Then why are these still missing...

From: Peter Buzanits <peter_at_icb.co.at>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:35:14 +0200

Paul,

thanks for writing down what makes all (or even most) Oracle-developers crazy...

I don't mean especially the 17 issues you mentioned. I mean the manner, how Oracle deals with ist bugs... I just started a new project with Forms 6 and have found two bugs (in one day!), which were also there in the previous version...

Hotline is always very creative with finding work-arounds, but can only tell to hope for the next release. ("Yes, this bug has been filed. But it has been closed already. So there will not be fix in next time... I can try to file it again.") But don't forget it's not *their* fault. They really try hard to help us...

I agree fixing old bugs would be better than adding new features. But I think Larry has learned a lot from his special friend Bill :-)

Peter
--

DI Peter Buzanits
ETM AG - Austria