Re: DB2/Oracle Gateway

From: Steve Dancisin <sdancisin_removethis_at_highmark.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:44:15 -0400

Actually, if you are doing joins between the databases, DataJoiner is the the hands down winner. The OTG or the Oracle optimizer fails to reconize and optimize joins from 2 different locations. Thus it has a tendancy to to full table scans in DB2 (and bring ALL rows from DB2 back to Oracle - YUK!). DataJoiner optimizes the joins and brings back only the rows needed, it appears to open cursors and do fetches to the remote database(s).

If you have more questions drop me a line, I did an evaluation of DataJoiner last fall (and we purchased it) and we already own the OTG (for replication). I have some documentation that proves this point.

Steve Dancisin / sdancisin_removethis_at_highmark.com (get rid of the _removethis before replying)
Oracle Database Services
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Sheild