Re: Type Aliases

From: Jenda Krynicky <Jenda_at_Krynicky.cz>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:48:40 GMT

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:48:23 GMT, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to Jenda_at_Krynicky.cz (Jenda Krynicky)
> (if that email address didn't require changing)

Thanks. :-)

> On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:37:14 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >I admit I am stupid etc. etc. etc. etc. :-)
> >
> >How do I define a type synonym?
> >
> >I would like to define eg. INT to mean NUMBER(12,0) so that I
> >do not have
>
> 1) int is alread a type.

How come I do not find it?

Oh I see now. The program I was using did not contain INT in the list of types. And if I set a column type to INT it shows that as NUMBER(0,0).

> 2) you cannot alias types like this.
>
> you can create object types in Oracle8 and up:

I see :-((

Yes I have noticed those, but that realy wasn't what I was looking for.

Thanks anyway, now at least I know I did not overlook something simple.

Actualy I would like to ask, was something like this considered? This would seem natural to me. Or are there some implementation issues?

Jenda
http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 10:48:40 CDT