Re: Good ISQL

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:33:56 -0500

This is kind of Apples and Oranges.

TOAD is a no-nonsense rapid application tool that's very handy in generating simple SQL objects. For most simple projects it can't be beat for the price.

SQL-Station is a heavy-duty, multi-user tool. The heart of it comes from Platinum's SQL-Coder. It is now supported by the full might of Computer Associates. It features a repository approach of reuseable objects from one project to the next. The last time I used it, it also supported SQL-Server as well as Oracle.

It's been two years since I've used the SQL-Station product. Platinum had a pretty liberal "try before you buy" policy.

--rvn.