Re: Dumping contents of LONG columns to a file.

From: Hooperce <hooperce_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jul 1999 15:28:46 GMT

I use a simple sqlplus script - the key if the 'set' commands used up front. The following example works for data up to 7000 bytes long - change the 7000 to whatever you need. I do not know the upper limit on these 'set' commands:

set linesize 7000'
set trimspool on;
set long 7000;
set longchunksize 7000;
spool output.lst;
select long_field from tablename;
spool off;

Chuck Hooper
Pro Relational Systems
Charles_Hooper_at_ProRelSys.Com Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 10:28:46 CDT