Descriptions for Table Fields

From: mark m <mockm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:05:16 GMT

good day!

one of my colleagues and i were wondering if there are locations for descriptions of field within tables. for instance, i create a table with five fields. each field has a name, a size, a type. is there a way to store within the table structure?

i am using embaradero's er/studio to reverse engineer our database for ERDs once it is created oracle server (7.3.4.0). the app does reports too. we were hoping to eliminate documentation updating by having the app generate the reports. but we need descriptions on each field in every table. is this message clear or did i kluge it up?

mark

 mark m @ team health

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jul 27 1999 - 08:05:16 CDT